Teach yourself how to play classical guitar sheet music by the world's greatest classical composers, carefully arranged for the classical guitar player.
***Comes with 1 CD containing guitar audio demonstrating all examples. Hear how each one is played by a teacher, then play along.***
"As a fairly new classical guitar player I am finding this series […] extremely useful. […] contains numbers such as "Liebestraum" by Liszt and "Caro Nome" by Verdi […] The simple, uncomplicated arrangements encourage and inspire me to continue. […] The included [audio] is also proving helpful for tempo and the odd tricky chord. Paging through the contents I notice the pieces get progressively more difficult. A wonderful challenge and one to which I can aspire." - By Jennifer A. Harrison [Amazon]
Progressive Popular Classics of the Great Composers - Volume 1 is suitable for beginner to advanced classical guitar students of all ages. Basic knowledge of how to read music and playing classical guitar is required to teach yourself to learn to play classical guitar songs from this book.
- 35 of the world's most popular classical music pieces brilliantly arranged for classical guitar by a professional classical guitar teacher
- Difficulty levels ranging from easy classical songs for guitar to more advanced classical music for guitar
- Easy-to-read classical guitar sheet music
- Color-restored illustrations of the classical music composers featured in the book
Composers of classical guitar scores include:
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Frederic Chopin, Felix Mendelssohn, Giuseppe Verdi, Antonin Dvorak, Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Joseph Haydn, Johannes Brahms, John Waldron, Johann Sebastian Bach, Juventino Rosas, Franz von Suppe, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Johann Strauss, Leo Delibes, Niccolo Paganini, Franz Liszt, Robert Schumann, Edvard Grieg, Franz Schubert, Richard Wagner and Maurice Ravel
Guitar teachers will also benefit greatly by virtue of being able to substitute classic music for guitar written by Carulli, Sor and Giuliani by the popular instrumental music of Chopin, Strauss and Tchaikovsky.
LearnToPlayMusic.com's classical guitar lessons are used by students and classical guitar teachers worldwide. For over 30 years, our team of professional authors, composers and musicians have crafted classical guitar sheet music books that are a cut above the rest. We offer a huge selection of music instruction books that cover many different instruments and styles in print, eBook and app formats. Awarded the 'Quality Excellence Design' (QED) seal of approval for eBook innovation, LearnToPlayMusic.com continues to set the standard for quality music education resources.